How to use 1Password browser extension on Safari 15.6.1(macOS Catalina) future?

Options
S27go8TN
S27go8TN
Community Member

I use an old MacBook Pro running on macOS Catalina. Today I got a message like 'you need to download and install proper extension for Safari browser'.

So, I have a question.

Is there a chance that I won't use safari extension any more in some day?
If not, how I use safari extension on old macOS in future?

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @S27go8TN! 👋

Thank you for reaching out. 1Password for Safari requires Safari 16 or later on macOS Big Sur 11 or later. If you're using an older version of macOS and Safari then you won't be able to use the latest version of the browser extension.

macOS 10.15.7 hasn't been updated for a year and half which means that you're missing several important security updates. I recommend using the latest version of both macOS and your browser so that you and your data remain protected. That being said, I know that older Macs can't always be updated.

If you're unable to update to the latest version of Safari then you could try switching to a different browser that is still capable of receiving updates on your Mac. Options include Chrome, Firefox, Brave, and more. You can then install the latest version of 1Password in that browser: 1Password in the browser

I hope that helps. 🙂

-Dave