Window size is inconsistent when using an external display

Options
System
edited February 27 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1P not remembering layout/orientation/window size between invocations..

Comments

• prox
    prox
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

@bwadm have you managed to get it fixed with support? Because I do still face the similar issue with my MBP and external monitor connected via USB-C cable/charger. It does mess up the 1P window size when connecting/disconnecting during a day to a monitor.

Best

• @prox

Thanks for following up here. While I can't speak to the conversation that the original poster had with our support team (although they can share if they wish), I'd like to shed light on 1Password's behaviour with multiple monitors.

1Password 8 will reset the window state if you plug/unplug an extension monitor so that you can see where the main window opens. Can you tell me a little more about what you're seeing when you say that "It does mess up the 1P window size"?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• prox
    prox
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P
    Ahh then apparently is a feature of 1Password 8, because I like to have all item of the navigation(left side) to be visible but when I unplug from the monitor then the main windows will shrink to a smaller size(like ±30% smaller). I always need to resize the main windows again, technically make it bigger to see the full navigation again.
    To be honest it's not consistent and sometimes the winwow size is persistent while plug/unplug a monitor.

• @prox

Thanks for the reply. So that the team can investigate this further would you mind creating a screen recording of the behaviour that you're seeing? If you're able to do this then please send an email to support@1Password.com with a link to this thread.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to find your email and send you a secure upload link to share your screen recording with the team.

-Dave

• prox
    prox
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P to be honest the issue is inconsistent. The only flow which might be useful for devs to reproduce(I hope):

• Fully quit 1Password
    • Open 1Password and resize the main window so the full left navigation should be visible (attached mine sample)

• Connect external monitor for 1 min and try to login to any website with 1Password(seems like it requires the use of 1Password before bug might be triggered)

• Disconnect external monitor
    • Quit 1Password
    • Open 1Password, you will see that the main window has been resized(smaller and left navigation isn't fully visible, if the bug will happen during those steps the window size will be noticeable)

That's the only helpful information I can share. It's hard for me to record a video without showing personal items, don't really want to do it. I hope those steps will help, otherwise it's more a cosmetic bug and I can live with it.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@prox

Thank you for those detailed steps. I'll do some more testing here on our end and will get this reported to the team so that this can be looked into further.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#9923