Firefox extension not updating

Options

I saw the new update for the extension to 2.21.1 on my Edge browser but didn't notice the new behavior in Firefox. Looking into it, I noticed my Firefox beta extension is still running 2.17.0. I removed it and reinstalled using the link from to Download Firefox Add-On, but it still installs that same version. Is there an updated beta version or should I switch to the standard release version (currently 2.20.2)?

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: 2.17.0
OS Version: OpenSUSE Linux Tumbleweed
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hello @crazycaveman! πŸ‘‹

Thank you for the question and I'm sorry for the confusion. The latest beta release for Firefox is indeed 2.17.0 and the team is working to get a new beta update out as soon as possible.

For the time being, you can switch to using the stable release (currently at 2.20.2): 1Password: Password Manager – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)

I hope that helps.

-Dave

• crazycaveman
    crazycaveman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info! Is that generally the case, that beta doesn't include the stable releases so I should switch to the stable releases between beta releases? It seems like Chrome based browser beta extensions are kept up-to-date with stable releases when those supersede the beta versions, I just expected something similar for Firefox.

• @crazycaveman

Thanks for the reply. Usually, beta updates for Firefox are released ahead of the stable release as they are for other browsers. There was a temporary issue with releasing updates for the both the stable and beta channels for Firefox, the team has resolved the issue for the stable channel and I expect that the issue will be resolved for the beta channel soon as well so that an update can be released.

For now, switching to the stable version is the best option if you'd like to take advantage of the latest bug fixes and features.

-Dave

• TataruTaru
    TataruTaru
    Community Member
    Options

Hopefully we can see a new Firefox beta version soon. I really like the concept if the new auto-save/auto-fill and try as I might to switch to a chromium browser, its not quite the right tool for me.

Thank you for all the hard work.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@TataruTaru and @crazycaveman

Thank you for your patience. 1Password for Firefox beta 2.21.1 is now available: Downloading Firefox Add-on

Let me know if you run into any issues updating. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• 1Pemikaadeo
    1Pemikaadeo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    @Dave_1P
    what about version in stable channel?
    AMO still showing 2.20.2 while on February 28th 2.21.0 was released

• 1Pemikaadeo
    1Pemikaadeo
    Community Member
    Options

That was quick :) Update to 2.21.0 just showed up :)

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy that you're now seeing the latest update. Let me know if you have any other questions in the future. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• TataruTaru
    TataruTaru
    Community Member
    edited March 5
    Options

Thank you so much, updated to 2.21.1. Its not just the design of the app that's amazing, its the amazing people from 1password that are too!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@TataruTaru

I'm happy that you were able to update, thank you for the kind words. 😊

-Dave