Can't get my iPhone and iPad login experience to match

Options
PhilipRoy
PhilipRoy
Community Member

I'm trying to understand the difference experience I have using 1P on my iPhone to login to Gmail, compared to a confusing and frustrating experience on my iPad.

iPhone

When I go to the Gmail login page there is a prompt to access my passwords that I tap

When 1P loads up and I authenticate, I am shown the 4 Gmail accounts that I have access to in 1P and I can select the one that I want to use

iPad

When I go to the Gmail login page there is no prompt to access passwords. Instead I am having one password suggested every time. It is in fact my mothers Gmail login, which I rarely use, so instead, I have to click the key icon in the bottom right

When 1P loads up and I authenticate, instead of being shown the 4 Gmail account passwords that I have access to, I am presented with 6 different options of accounts that use a Gmail address. This is just messy and confusing compared to the iPhone.

How can I get it so that the iPad approach to logging in via 1P is the same as my experience on the iPhone? I can't figure out what it is that I have done wrong?

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.3.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @PhilipRoy! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing different AutoFill behaviour on your iPhone and iPad. On the iPhone and iPad, AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS and 1Password only provides the data for the experience. Whether you see the "Passwords" prompt above your keyboard or the blue button is decided by iOS using its own rules.

That being said, you can have have the "Passwords" prompt always be shown by following these steps on your iPad:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap AutoFill.
    4. Turn off "Show filling suggestions", keep the other options turned on.

Let me know if that helps. 🙂

-Dave

• PhilipRoy
    PhilipRoy
    Community Member
    Options

That was easy! That's exactly what I was wanting. Thanks so much!

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy to help. 🙂

-Dave