1Password Firefox Extension Does Not Show All Site Icons

Options

Pictures tell more than words here.

For some sites the Firefox extension shows the site icon OK, but for others not (I'd say for the majority it does not, I have a feeling that it shows them OK for only those that I have set a custom icon for in 1Password app but I'm not 100% sure).

In 1Password app:

In Firefox:

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.20.2
OS Version: macOS 14.3.1
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

I already noticed that.
    Many icons are not created when creating a login.
    Sometimes old icons are added even though there are new ones on the site.
    In Firefox as well as Chromium.
    In some cases, they are also displayed with a delay.

• Aren't the icons automatically updated over time?
      If not, can this be improved in a future update? (Automatically add and update icons.)
  • jsinglestein
    jsinglestein
    Community Member
    Options

This has been messed up the last couple of months. Hope they fix it soon.

• Hey @mixture, @blaxxz, @jsinglestein,

Can you check on the follow setting for me:

1. Click on the 1Password icon in your Firefox toolbar and unlock it
    2. Click on the Settings icon and choose 'Notifications'
    3. If you see a notification saying 'Reconfirm your icon permissions' choose 'Allow icons'

Let us know how you get on!

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

I dont have an Option for the Icon Permission. Firefox or Chromium.

• Hey @blaxxz, can you check to make sure that the "Show app and website icons" is enabled in the 1Password extension's settings? Here's how:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    3. In the Appearance & shortcuts section, ensure that "Show app and website icons" is toggled on.

Let me know how that goes.

-Evon

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

@EvonG1P

This Option is there and active.

But i have a lot of Logins without or old icons.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@blaxxz

Thank you for confirming that the setting is turned on. If you create a new Login item, as a temporarily test, for one of the affected logins then does that item's icon render correctly? Or do you still see the same issue?

If the new Login item's icon does render correctly then do you remember if you've added custom icons to certain Login items in the past?

-Dave

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Thank you for confirming that the setting is turned on. If you create a new Login item, as a temporarily test, for one of the affected logins then does that item's icon render correctly? Or do you still see the same issue?

Same issue

If the new Login item's icon does render correctly then do you remember if you've added custom icons to certain Login items in the past?

I never added custom icons

• Dave_1P
    edited March 6
    Options

@blaxxz

Thanks for the reply. Since I'm not able to reproduce the same issue using Firefox on my Mac, I'd like to ask you to generate a console log when reproducing the issue on your end:

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave