Sharing users login details

Options
Doug4907
Doug4907
Community Member

I am a desktop PC user, Win11Pro. 1Password v 8.10.23.
My first comment is that I find the lack of a manual with the alternative simple reliance on Support articles, very unhelpful. I have a family licence and my wife and I are old. We do not have the benefit of a group of people that we can ask. In a corporate-type organisation I can see that manuals are not needed, but the need does exist for home users.

To be specific:

• The reason I changed to 1Password was because at our age I thought it prudent if we both had access to each others logins. What I need is a manual-type recipe of how to set this up.
    Can/will someone send me a link, preferably as a video, that steps me all those needed to do so? At the moment we both have our separate logins saved in a vault called "Personal".

• Second question: I can't recall where, and thus can't recall the actual wording, but when seeking various bits of help, I have been presented with two options
    a) For users of 1Password, and b) For users of Password.com (remember that I may have the actual terms wrong). What is the difference?

This option may have previously caused me issues. eg months ago I changed over to 1Password, and then more recently I changed my wife over to 1Password (we were previous Roboform users). By exactly following the instructions, I accurately imported all my logins into 1Password. But then when I used exactly the same technique, the login fields were jumbled in 1Password. Via email I asked for help. The help people were good and directed me through a totally different import procedure using 1Password's browser. That worked well, but then I asked them about the way I was using exactly as before, which was still in the support page. The question was evaded, with a simple repeat of instructions to use the browser route.

Guys, 1Password is the most costly of all the p/w managers that I evaluated, and seems to concentrate on its corporate users. Home users are a different market, with no SysAdmin, etc, etc, to refer to. I find the collection of support articles unsuited to home users. When I find incorrect, but still current, instructions that no longer work, it is hard to warm to 1Password's reliant on support articles. Returning to my first question * above, I have searched and searched, but alas, I can't find the solution.

Regards,
Doug

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @Doug4907

Support articles allow things to be more fluid and change as 1Password changes and evolves. A manual would be much like the support articles. The support articles are generally speaking often more easily surfaced and searched.

A personal vault for the each of you would indicate that you're using a 1Password membership. With membership comes the ability to access 1Password.com, 1Password application and or the 1Password in the browser (extension) if you have it installed.

I recommend continuing the existing conversation you have with my colleagues on the email support team.

• Doug4907
    Doug4907
    Community Member
    Options

A very late reply ... sorry, I am old, frail and unwell. Thanks for the reply. I will go back to emails.

• ag_tommy
    Options

No worries Doug. It's usually just easier to stick with one or two folks that are currently helping you.