Search behaving oddly, or not working. I’ve my view, you may have different view

Options
gct3o
gct3o
Community Member

So I was searching for a login of a business that starts with QPP. I type Q and a bunch of items appear in the list of items that match (at least I assume they match). Many of them do not have a Q anywhere in the information. When I add the first P I find that the search narrows it down to three items. Two are correct and the third still has no QPP in the entire login. When I complete QPP search works. I knew the login had a Q and eventually figured out what I wanted. Sorting through the vast amount of chaff is a waste of time I can do without.

I have seen similar issues when performing searches for apps on my iPad. So this feels to me like it might be an Apple issue. But in the end it is 1Passwords app. Is there something I am doing wrong??

I know you would like to have version info, is it possible for you to create actions that I can use in shortcuts to collect the data you need so I can paste it in rather than dig into the apps?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @gct3o! 👋

Thanks for reaching out! Is it possible that qpp is part of the password in the items that are showing up when you search for that string? Search (the option at the bottom of the iOS app) doesn't just look at an item's title but searches through other fields as well.

You can find a more simple "Find" tool that searches through less fields by opening an item list and then swiping down on the list to reveal the "Find" field. For example:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for iOS.
    2. Tap Items.
    3. Tap All Items.
    4. Swipe down.
    5. Enter your search term into the Find in All Items field.

Let me know if that helps or if I've misunderstood the issue.

-Dave