Please add support for Apple Vision Pro app! [The iPad app is available]

Options
AgileBurger
AgileBurger
Community Member
edited March 8 in iOS

The AVP is finally out! And I’m not able to do anything on it because I don’t have any of my passwords. :)

There’s a mad rush to start creating apps for this device. The App Store is basically empty. You guys could be one of the first!

Until then I’m having to iMessage all of my passwords from my phone, to myself on the iMessage app on the AVP. Then copy paste.

Safari browser is on there as well, so an extension would be useful!

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @AgileBurger,

Currently, the 1Password app that is available to be installed on the Vision Pro is our iPad app running in a special compatibility mode. This version of the app uses the same AutoFill system, built into visionOS, that it uses on iOS devices. AutoFill requires that you unlock 1Password each time that you save or fill a login. You can read more about using 1Password with AutoFill here: Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your iPhone and iPad

Additionally, the browser extension for Safari is also available on the Apple Vision Pro: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad.

I hope this information helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any further questions!

-Zaid

• AgileBurger
    AgileBurger
    Community Member
    edited March 8
    Options

Hello. No, this doesn’t answer my question. I was not referring to a compatibility-mode iPad app.

That’s why I created a thread saying please add an AVP app. :)

Please advise regarding your plans for actually creating a proper app for the AVP that works natively.

I see tons of threads here of people complaining about all the problems because your iPad app is not working well with the AVP.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@AgileBurger

Thank you for the clarification, I don't have any specific news to share about a native app at the moment. Can you tell me a little more about what you'd like to see in a native app that isn't already in the iPad app? I can file a feature request on your behalf once I hear back from you.

And can you tell me if you're currently running into the issues that you mentioned on your own Apple Vision Pro? I would be happy to take a look and see if there's a fix that I can provide or report that issue to the team.

-Dave