Question 1P3 Can't Find My Data File...

cfaber
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Hi, searched the forums, but couldn't find any help on this...

I just cloned my hard drive. Now, when I launch 1P3 I get the starter screen which offers me two options: create a new data file or find existing. When I chose "find existing" I see a folder called 1Password but with an old date and a .pif extension. There's a file in there called data1.pif, also with an old date. Tying to chose and open that does not work. I get "invalid data file".

So next I tried to restore data file from backup. There's a list. I've tried the top 3 or 4 and every time it looks like it's going to work, but then I get this error message:

Keychain Restoration Cancelled...

Failed to restore from backup, cannot move /var/folders/V+/V+4db16zHcOwEIDq58BqHk+++TI/-Tmp-/301431408/1Password.agilekeychain to /Volumes/MyBook/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain
Error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4 UserInfo=0x102150020 "The file “1Password.agilekeychain” doesn’t exist."

Can I get some help finding the actual, original data file -- and also some support on why the restore option is giving me this error message.

Thanks in advance for the help!

~ Chris

Comments

• cfaber
    edited December 1969
    One more detail: my 1Password.agilekeychain does exist: it's in my Dropbox folder on an external hard drive...
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    cfaber wrote:
    One more detail: my 1Password.agilekeychain does exist: it's in my Dropbox folder on an external hard drive...

If you see 1Password.agilekeychain in the correct folder then simply double-click on it to start using this data file.

If it is located on an external drive then you should probably first move it to your local disk or Dropbox folder.
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    cfaber wrote:

I just cloned my hard drive. Now, when I launch 1P3 I get the starter screen which offers me two options: create a new data file or find existing. When I chose "find existing" I see a folder called 1Password but with an old date and a .pif extension. There's a file in there called data1.pif, also with an old date. Tying to chose and open that does not work. I get "invalid data file".

.1pif file is a plain text file that is not encrypted. You can import it into an existing data file by double-clicking on it. You will need to create a new data file first.
This discussion has been closed.