1Password Freezes & Locks up IE9

Hi

1Password locks up IE9 on Win7 64 with version 1.0.9.327. When I press auto-fill, and select the password to fill in, the whole of IE locks up and "dings" if I click anywhere on it. The only wat to fix it is to go to task manager and kill the iExplore process.

This problem is so common for me now, that I have stopped using 1Password really - as I have lost completed things on other Tabs. I am a heavy user of tabs - and have read the other threads that talk about this problem being tab related, and list the problem as fixed in an earlier Beta - but it clearly isn't.

This happens on both my laptop and desktop. I followed the instructions about "factory resetting" IE, which was inconvenient - and it has had no effect at all.

1Password is effectively useless for me now, as I daren't press the key for auto-fill.

Cheers
Chris

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2013

Hi Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

You mention that you are a heavy user of tabs. The issue that I have in mind is actually related to tab usage. As far as I know this was resolved in 1.0.9-BETA-313.

1. Open a site in first tab.
    2. Open a site in second tab.
    3. CTRL + \
    4. Enter Master Password.
    5. IE becomes unresponsive (i.e. CPU usage jumps up)

Is that what you are seeing? Is there a reason you are not using Internet Explorer 10? I'd be interested to know if you could reproduce the problem in IE10. IE9 is the old version.

RM2684

This discussion has been closed.