MacOS 14.4 fingerprint option not configurable

Options
wentwort
wentwort
Community Member

My fingerprint reader is enabled and working on my MAC 14.4, but 1password fingerprint option can not be enabled. It is grey'd out and not selectable. I have tried removing my fingerprints, rebooting, adding fingerprints back in. I have downloaded and reinstalled 1password not luck. I can not select the fingerprint option.

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS v14.4
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @wentwort! 👋

I'm sorry that you’re unable to turn on Touch ID for 1Password on your Mac. Thank you for listing what you've tried so far, can you try these steps in order:

1. Completely turn off your Mac and then turn it on to restart it. (Don't skip this step.)
    2. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    3. Choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Touch ID & Password.
    4. Turn off all of the features, then turn all of them back on again.
    5. Go back to 1Password and choose 1Password > Settings from the menu bar.
    6. Click the Security icon, then turn on "Touch ID".
    7. Lock 1Password by choosing 1Password > Lock from the menu bar.
    8. Now try unlocking 1Password using Touch ID.

If this still doesn't work then let me know and I can help further.

-Dave

• wentwort
    wentwort
    Community Member
    Options

The instructions stop working at step 6. I still can not select/enable "Touch ID". It is grey'd out and not selectable.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@wentwort

I'm sorry that the steps didn't work. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• wentwort
    wentwort
    Community Member
    Options

Your support ticket ID is VHV-25525-899.

• wentwort
    wentwort
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to get this to work.. I had to quit 1password, completely uninstall 1password, reboot, reinstall and configure 1password. After this I can now use fingerprint and apple watch with 1password. Thanks for working with me on this.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@wentwort

Thank you for posting the Support ID, I'm happy that you were able to resolve the issue. Let me know if you need help with anything else. 🙂

-Dave