Yubikey problems with 1password

Options
unixdude94
unixdude94
Community Member
edited March 11 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi.

1Password is interfering with my Yubikey at work. When I go to log in to a work-related website, 1Password sees the support of a security key, and it interrupts the process. I have to click the little security key icon in the 1Password drop-down whenever I try to log in.

I do not want to use 1Password with the Yubikey, so in the Privacy tab in 1Password settings, I have "Check for passkeys" disabled. Still, 1Password sees this and generates the prompt that forces an extra click.

What can I do here?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @unixdude94! πŸ‘‹

Thank you for reaching out! Both passkeys and hardware security keys use the same underlying webauthn technology which is why you're seeing the prompt appear in your browser when a website requests your security key. You can press the esc key on your keyboard or, as you mentioned, click the security icon icon to dismiss 1Password's passkey prompt and use your security key instead.

If you're not interested in using passkeys at all then you can turn the feature off completely:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click Settings.
    3. Choose Autofill & save.
    4. Turn off Turn off "Offer to save and sign in with passkeys".

in the Privacy tab in 1Password settings, I have "Check for passkeys" disabled

This setting controls whether Watchtower will alert you regarding logins for websites that support passkeys, but don’t yet have a passkey saved in the item. You can read more about Watchtower here: Use Watchtower to find account details you need to change

I hope that helps. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• unixdude94
    unixdude94
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, looks like that did it.

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy to help. πŸ™‚

-Dave