1Password Universal AutoFill not working in Google Chrome since macOS Sonoma upgrade.

Options
velocd
velocd
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

This may not be tied to my Sonoma upgrade, but my autofill in Google Chrome stopped working in the last week after I upgraded to Sonoma. I suppose it's possible Google Chrome released an update that broke it instead.

Universal Autofill works fine everywhere else, such as the latest versions of Safari and Firefox.

I am not using any browser extensions.

Here is the error output of tail -f ./1Password_rCURRENT.log when initiating autofill in Google Chrome on a login form. (Command+\)

WARN  2023-10-05T16:21:20.318 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(3)) [1P:op-app/src/app/backend/autofill.rs:715] Asked b5x to fill but timed out waiting for reply
ERROR 2023-10-05T16:21:20.696 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(3)) [1P:/Users/builder/builds/m6ezyj2R/0/dev/core/core/op-desktop-autofill/src/macos.rs:207] NoCollectedUnparsedUrl
INFO  2023-10-05T16:21:20.696 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(3)) [1P:op-desktop-autofill/src/macos.rs:181] Done filling

And here is the same output when done from Safari, which correctly autofills the username, password, and one-time-code:

INFO  2023-10-05T16:17:12.559 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(3)) [1P:op-desktop-autofill/src/macos.rs:155] Filling designations: [username, current-password]
INFO  2023-10-05T16:17:13.303 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(9)) [1P:op-desktop-autofill/src/macos.rs:164] Nothing to be filled
INFO  2023-10-05T16:17:13.643 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(3)) [1P:op-desktop-autofill/src/macos.rs:164] Nothing to be filled
INFO  2023-10-05T16:17:13.978 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(9)) [1P:op-desktop-autofill/src/macos.rs:164] Nothing to be filled
INFO  2023-10-05T16:17:14.310 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(3)) [1P:op-desktop-autofill/src/macos.rs:164] Nothing to be filled
INFO  2023-10-05T16:17:14.642 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(9)) [1P:op-desktop-autofill/src/macos.rs:155] Filling designations: [one-time-code]
INFO  2023-10-05T16:17:14.858 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(9)) [1P:op-desktop-autofill/src/macos.rs:181] Done filling

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Sonoma 14.0
Browser: Google Chrome v117.0.5938.149

Comments

• Hello @velocd,

Thanks for the report and sending along these logs. These logs match a reported issue the team is currently looking into. I can't provide a timeframe for a fix, but you can keep 1Password up-to-date to ensure you have the latest fixes.

In the meantime, I recommend either installing 1Password for Chrome or continue to use Safari / Firefox, where this issue does not occur, while waiting for a fix:

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know!

ref: dev/core/core#24126

• velocd
    velocd
    Community Member
    Options

Great to hear, thank you!

• face
    face
    Community Member
    Options

+1 hope so see a fix asap, thanks

• @face

I've added your case to our internal tracker for this as well. It's worth noting our release page will also provide update notes when an issue is resolved:

• seilex
    seilex
    Community Member
    Options

Any updates on this? It's really annoying, and the user experience suffers a lot if I have to copy the passwords for every website manually.

• @seilex

I don't have any updates to share at the moment. For the time being, I recommend that you install 1Password in the browser which will allow you to use Autofill again until the issue is fixed: Best password manager for your browser

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

• velocd
    velocd
    Community Member
    Options

I recently had some development environment issues, and reformatted my MacBook Pro M1 and reinstalled a clean Sonoma 14.2.1 (latest release as of today).

I was secretly hoping it would also fix my 1Password autofill issues described above, but alas, this bug is still present. :(

tail -f ./1Password_rCURRENT.log

WARN  2024-01-02T17:41:51.290 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(6)) [1P:op-app/src/app/backend/autofill.rs:802] Asked b5x to fill but timed out waiting for reply
    ERROR 2024-01-02T17:41:51.536 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(6)) [1P:/Users/build/GsSQnru-/0/dev/core/core/op-desktop-autofill/src/macos.rs:211] NoCollectedUnparsedUrl
    INFO  2024-01-02T17:41:51.536 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(6)) [1P:op-desktop-autofill/src/macos.rs:184] Done filling

I've been avoiding using the Chrome extension because I didn't see the point with universal autofill and I like to keep my browser extensions minimal for privacy and security reasons, but I guess I'll have to it a shot for now because it looks like this issue is probably not going to get fixed for a long time.

• Hey @velocd,

I'm sorry for the disruption to your workflow.

As Dave mentioned above, installing 1Password in the browser will allow you to use Universal Autofill for the time being.

Thank you for your patience!

• vimmeo
    vimmeo
    Community Member
    Options

I managed to get it to work without a browser extension.
    Go to "settings > Browser > Connect additional browser" and add Chrome manually here.

• velocd
    velocd
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure when this was fixed, but I recently tried autofill and it seems to be working now. Yay! Thank you!

• Hey @velocd,

Thank you for the update, I believe this was fixed with a recent MacOS update. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.