Feature request: Modify the item name when is duplicated

Options
Pukkas
Pukkas
Community Member

We use the duplicate option often and the fact that it maintains exactly the same name as the original has led us to sometimes confuse the duplicate item.

For example, if we have previously saved the private link to an item, we duplicate the item and subsequently modify the original believing that it is the duplicate, the link that we had documented becomes 'corrupted'.

I think that like any other program the duplicate should have a duplicate mark or an addition at the end of the name like: ' - Duplicated', ' (2)', or focus the editing for changing the name.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Pukkas,

Thanks so much for your feedback! To clarify, can you let me know exactly how the link between the items becomes corrupted?

If you're open to sharing, I'd also be interested to know if you use the duplicate option for any other purposes. Either way, I've passed your feedback along to our Product team but the team is always open to having more context.

-Samer

ref: PB-38388756

• dkg
    dkg
    Community Member
    Options

I agree - - The "DUPLICATE ITEM" can be useful but the result should have a "Copy" appended to the front or back of the item name. Feature request, I suppose...

• Dave_1P
    Options

@dkg

Thank you for the feedback, I'd be happy to pass along your request to team. Can you tell me a little more about how adding "copy" to the duplicate's title would be useful for you? Both items are the same, hence the name duplicate, so that you can choose to edit or move either one.

Once I understand your use case a little better I can file a feature request on your behalf. 🙂

-Dave

• dkg
    dkg
    Community Member
    Options

The reason I want to be able to tell the difference between the log-in items is that I know what is contained in the original, and I do t want to muck with that one. Although the two should be the same, I may not trust the software to properly complete that (note the weird Edit bug that presently opens a different item than the one I am viewing…)

• Dave_1P
    Options

@dkg

Thank you for that feedback, I've passed it (and your request) along to the team.

Regarding the edit issue, I've replied to you here and our team is working on a fix. I'm sorry again for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: PB-38668207