Drop-down menus on Mac desktop app work sporadically

Options
37solutions
37solutions
Community Member
edited March 10 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm using 1Password desktop on my Mac. Whenever I click on the drop-down menu next to a username, password, or any fields in the item, it opens and closes the "All Accounts" vault list instead.

If I quit the desktop app and the system tray helper, the problem disappears for a minute or two.

The same weirdness happens when I try to duplicate an item. When I right-click an item, I can select Duplicate, but it doesn't do anything.

This has been going on for 2-3 weeks.

I've tried:
1. Closing all apps and restarting
2. Closing all apps and shutting down
3. Uninstalling 1Password
4. Resetting 1Password
5. Disabling "Use Hardware Acceleration" under 1Password > Settings > Advanced

I created a GIF to show the problem:

I tried searching the community board, but it's difficult to search.

I'm using: 1Password for Mac 8.10.27 (81027003) on an Apple M2 Max running macOS 14.3.1

Has anyone else had this issue?

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 14.3.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• 37solutions
    37solutions
    Community Member
    edited March 12
    Options

For anyone else experiencing this problem, they said it's a known issue. They have a fix, and it's currently being tested in the beta build. If you use Tags, check for the following tags and rename or delete them, which should fix it.

• "portal"
    • "portal-us"
    • "root"
  • Dave_1P
    Options

@37solutions

This is indeed a known issue, we hope to release a fix to the production version of 1Password as soon as possible. Thank you for sharing a workaround with the community. Another workaround, that I prefer since it doesn't require that you rename tags, is to temporarily turn off tags in the sidebar until a fix is released:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Click Appearance.
    5. Turn off "Tags" under Always Show in Sidebar.

We'll note the fix in our release notes as soon as it is available. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: ZUK-63672-786
    ref: dev/core/core#28117