Apple Rejected Review

Options
Steven78
Steven78
Community Member

Hi!

I postet an App review in the iOS AppStore (5 stars of cource ;-) however apple rejected the review.

We are writing to inform you that your customer review for 1Password: Password Manager is not in compliance with the Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions, Submissions Guidelines under Section L.
Due to the violation of the Submissions Guidelines noted above, we removed your submitted review as part of routine moderation practices, during which automated processes were used.
You can submit a review by following the Submissions Guidelines, or learn about your Redress Rights in Connection with the European Union Digital Services Act.

Section L seems to be about family sharing.
I mentioned in the review that 1Password offers support for sharing secrets with family members and coworkers.

Can anybody explain to me what happened?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Steven78! πŸ‘‹

Thank you for leaving a review of 1Password! My suspicion is that some automated process flagged your review by mistake. I would recommend following up with Apple directly since they're the ones who run the App Store and they will be able to investigate the incident further. You can use the instructions in the notice that you received from Apple or, if that doesn't work, use the general support link here: Official Apple Support

I hope that you're able to get the matter resolved. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• Steven78
    Steven78
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,

I suspect because I mentioned sharing with coworkers the automated process concluded a violation, since family sharing is only for families.
    The E-Mail from apple doesn't offer any option to reply or protest.
    I'll simply write another review without mentioning coworkers.

By the way:
    I think 1Passord is misleading unrepresented in the Apple AppStore reviews.
    Since you startet a new app with version 8 you have way less reviews than other inferiour apps.
    And since some legacy user complain about the cloud solution you have way to few 5 star ratings.
    I hope that everybody agrees with me - so maybe some of the readers here can help with new reviews ;-)

-Steven

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thank you for the kind words. I hope that you're able to submit your review.

Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• Steven78
    Steven78
    Community Member
    Options

I got the same rejection, although I didn't mention any sharing. Maybe they don't like I mentioned that it also works on Windows and android. Somehow I feel apple should think about freedom of speech. So I wrote a third review without mentioning that. Let's hope ...

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hey @Steven78. I'm sorry to hear that the review was rejected again.

If it does not go through, I recommend contacting Apple directly. They will have more insight on what is exactly happening with the rejection. Here's a direct link to their support page (which my colleague Dave also posted earlier) -> Official Apple Support.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

-Evon