How can I stop demand for 1Password account password every time I need to fill in credentials anywhe

Options
wcs
wcs
Community Member
edited March 15 in 1Password in the Browser

For the past few days, suddenly 1Password will not fill in any credentials on any website or app unless I first enter my 1Password account password (my longest and most difficult password of all). This is true on both my android phone and my windows computers including the Chrome and Edge plugins. I've spent an hour searching for a setting to change this back. It used to require entering the password only once per browser session or every two weeks in the android app. This every-use password demand is before 1Password requests my biometrics (fingerprint in this case).That is, I must enter my 1Password account password and then enter my fingerprint in order to access any user names or passwords. This new requirement makes it very difficult to use 1Password. BTW, two-factor authentication is turned off for your account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@wcs

It sounds like you may have been in the middle of an update or what we call the share lock state is not functioning properly. Try the following.

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select Quit.
    2. Quit your browser.
    3. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock
    4. Open your browser.