The 1Password browser extension needed to restart

Options

Comments

• timestamp
    timestamp
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I'm now getting this popup:

While I appreciate that this must be a complicated issue to figure out, I'm a paying customer of this product (Family Plan) and it's increasingly frustrating and unnerving to have a product I and my family rely on for fundamental internet security hobbled by a self-inflicted bug which isn't being patched.

Any meaningful updates on the status of a fix would be greatly appreciated.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@timestamp

I'm sorry that you're seeing a message that says that "The 1Password browser extension needed to restart". This message is likely unrelated to the issue being discussed in the other thread so I've split your comment into a new thread so that we can discuss this separately here.

Have you received the "The 1Password browser extension needed to restart" message more than once? We have a guide for this specific message here: If you see "The 1Password browser extension needed to restart"

If you're still seeing the message after trying the steps in the guide then let me know.

-Dave

• timestamp
    timestamp
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I've received it more than once, and sometimes multiple times in a day. The guide states that I can keep using the extension after closing the tab, but what happens for me is that I need to log back into the extension as if I've just installed it (including entering my 2FA code) every time I get the popup. So technically I'm able to keep using the extension, but with several hoops to jump through first.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@timestamp

Are you clearing your browsing history?

• timestamp
    timestamp
    Community Member
    Options

Some days I'll clear items from my history, yes. Would that all of a sudden be causing an issue with the extension?

• ag_tommy
    Options

Yes, it can especially when using Safari. If possible and until the team can sort this out I'd recommend using a private browsing mode so you do not encounter this on your main profile.