Is it possible to unsubscribe from notifications for a single post?

Options
Thorz
Thorz
Community Member

I have enabled on my preferences to be notified of comments on post I have replied to. But I am looking for a way to turn off notifications for single posts that get a lot of replies I am not interested in, like posts about experiments. I have only found a way to turn off the notification by email for all posts and not only for a single one. This is a pretty common function in forum software, how can I do this in this community?

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@Thorz

It's not possible at least not that I am aware of. Sorry. You might consider turning off email notifications and leave notifications when you visit on.

You might also turn the feature off entirely and then turn it on to receive notifications for bookmarked posts. This would require you to bookmark any posts you want to be notified about. That's about the closest available. The only downside is you'd need to remember to bookmark the thread.

The semi-good news is that the experiments are generally short-lived, and when they are complete, the post is closed.

• Thorz
    Thorz
    Community Member
    Options

I understand.

It's unexpected to me that the forum software used by 1Password to interact with its users is so outdated. Almost every forum software from this age offers granular control over notifications at the post level.

Thank you for your response and for suggesting the workaround with the bookmarked posts. I think I will have to wait for the experiment post to be closed, as you suggested. I won't remember to bookmark my posts when I return in 6-8 months, as this isn't a community I visit frequently.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@Thorz I'll get you thoughts before the team and see if there is anything we can do to help.