Set default account for login

Options
lucasalvatore
lucasalvatore
Community Member

I have two accounts, a personal one and a shared work account. When i open 1password for the first time in the morning i can't choose which account to login to first. Sometimes i need to login to my work account, which then allows me to login to me personal, and sometimes its the other way around.

I'd like to make it so that if both accounts have been locked and i open 1password, it is always my personal account that is the "default"

Is this possible?

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @lucasalvatore! 👋

Thank you for the question! I understand that you'd like to choose which account you unlock when opening the 1Password app. When you type in the account password for a 1Password account then the account associated with that account password will unlock. In other words: if you type in your account password for your work account then the work account will unlock, if your type in your account password for your personal account then the personal account will unlock.

If all of your accounts are using the same account password (which is my recommendation) then all of your accounts will unlock at once when you type in your account password: How to use multiple accounts

Let me know if I misunderstood the situation. 🙂

-Dave