Reliability issues all the time

Options
bsarinay
bsarinay
Community Member
edited March 20 in Mac

I'm using 1password on different devices, but mainly Mac&iOS lately. The reliability is terrible in the last times. Reading pinned post about improving reliability in the Mac section f the community makes me wonder how it may have been before. How the browser extensions fail vary in minutes. I experienced many different scenarios. But I can trust 1Password less and less. This morning I was not even able to login using my up to date Safari, Mac and 1Password to the 1password.eu site.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.27 (81027003)
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: macOS Sonoma 14.4
Browser: Safari 17.4

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @bsarinay! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into issues with 1Password on your Mac and iOS devices, that definitely isn't right and I'm here to get things working again for you. Let's focus on the Mac first, so that I can better understand the situation, can you share a few more details of the problem you’re experiencing? Any information you can provide, such as an error message and steps to reproduce the issue, will help me understand what’s going on and work on a solution.

For example, when you say that you're unable to sign in what exactly happens? Do you see an error message? When signing into 1Password.eu in your browser doesn't work, are you still able to unlock the desktop app? Or do you see an error message there as well?

-Dave

• bsarinay
    bsarinay
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave for your reply.
    There is no error message at all. Using the browser extension is unstable. When it is working it works for a while. I cannot define time more exactly. I also cannot relate it failing other than time. So nothing really happens, at least what I as an IT guys would consider a change. When it fails it fails different ways. Sometimes on the page the 1Password icon is shown in the username/password fields, but they do not do anything at all. Sometimes they let me unlock with my fingerprint, but then again, do do not do anything further. Also searching for the right entry and clicking on autofill in the extension pop up does not work sometimes. Sometimes it opens the desktop app for unlocking, sometimes it does unlock in the browser window. Depending on the actual way of (not) working, I also cannot use 1Password password suggestions either. And I really cannot differentiate based on the site. This is why I wrote, that earlier today it did not work on the 1Password site either. Btw, I use 1Password.eu if this makes any difference.
    Thanks

• r3r344r4
    r3r344r4
    Community Member
    Options

I have experienced this too - the browser extension is extremely unreliable. I constantly have to go into the settings to turn off/on the "integrate with desktop app" setting to get it to work again. Universal autofill needs to be triggered twice to pick up the correct URL from safari (first time always has either an empty search bar or what URL was searched for the previous invocation).

• Dave_1P
    Options

@bsarinay and @r3r344r4

Thank you both for those details and I'm sorry that you're running into various issues. The next time that any of these issues occur, I'd like to ask for the following so that our team can investigate further:

Attach both files to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• bsarinay
    bsarinay
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,
    Since I was able to reproduce the case where on the page 1password.eu I was not able to use the extension, I sent out the info you requested. The automatic reply I received contained the ticket# IVE-46275-494.
    Thanks for taking care of this,
    Balazs

• Dave_1P
    Options

@bsarinay

Thank you for posting the Support ID. My colleagues are reviewing the information that you sent in and you'll receive a reply via email as soon as possible. Please continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: IVE-46275-494

This discussion has been closed.