Autofill doesn't work on some sites

Options
llamafilm
llamafilm
Community Member

Using Chrome on iOS, there is one particular website (which I visit often), where 1password does not offer to autofill the username. The website is https://id.qsc.com/sign_in

After I type in the username, 1password does correctly fill the password.

The desktop version of Chrome and Safari both work fine with autofilling this field on this website.

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.3.1
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @llamafilm! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to fill a username on a website open in Chrome on your iOS device. On the iPhone and iPad, AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS through an Apple feature named iOS Password AutoFill and 1Password only provides the data for the experience.

If AutoFill isn't detecting the username on a specific website then I would recommend that you report the issue to the developer of the website so that they can see why the field isn't being detected. Since AutoFill is developed by Apple, there isn't anything that our developers can do to fix the situation from our end.

If you're open to trying Safari on your iOS device, then I recommend that you try our 1Password for Safari extension which uses our own filling brain rather than iOS AutoFill. 1Password for Safari features greatly improved filling capabilities and offers an experience that is similar to what you're already used to with 1Password for the browser on the desktop. Here is a guide on how to enable 1Password for Safari on devices running iOS and iPadOS 15 or later: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave

• llamafilm
    llamafilm
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the explanation, that makes sense. I'll ask the website developer about this.
    iOS Safari autofill is working fine, but I need to keep using both browsers for different purposes.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@llamafilm

Thanks for the reply. Reporting this to the website's developer is the best option, they can see why AutoFill is working fine with their website in Safari but not Chrome. If there's a Chrome-specific issue then they'll be able to report that issue to the Chrome development team.

Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with.

-Dave