Unable to "View Archived Items" in 1PW for iOS 17.4

Options
jmb679
jmb679
Community Member

I am able to View Archived Items in 1PW for Mac (14.4 / Safari) but not so in 1PW for iOS (17.4).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

To clarify further, I can view archived items in 1PW for iOS (iPhone 13 Pro) when I select the Tag "Archive" but not when I select the Archive Vault.

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

When I select the Archive Vault, I only see the message "You have 325 archive items in this vault." This is not the case in 1PW for macOS.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @jmb679! 👋

Thank you for reaching out. 1Password doesn't come with an "Archive" vault, is that vault something that you created in the past? The way that the Archive works is that each vault has its own Archive, you can access archived items from your currently selected account or collection by tapping on the Archive option on the Items screen. You can read more here:

It looks like you created a vault called "Archive" and then archived the items in that vault. Is that correct? Can you tell me why you've chosen to do this rather than just archiving the items in your other vaults instead?

Regarding the "View Archived Items" button, I don't see it in the 1Password for iOS app either. I've filed an issue with our development team so that they can look into this further.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28601

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

I am a bit confused and I see that did not describe the situation correctly. First, instead of "To clarify further, I can view archived items in 1PW for iOS (iPhone 13 Pro) when I select the Tag "Archive" but not when I select the Archive Vault.", I see that Archive is not Tag. Rather, it is just positioned below "Tags". With this exception, I believe I correctly described the behavior of my 1PW for iOS.

Regarding "It looks like you created a vault called "Archive" and then archived the items in that vault. Is that correct? Can you tell me why you've chosen to do this rather than just archiving the items in your other vaults instead?" . . .

If memory serves, I believe I did create a vault called "Archive" many, many months ago. If I did so, this would be the macOS "Archive" in the Vaults section positioned between Private and Shared, correct? Also, am I correct that I could remove this Archive from the Vaults sections without deleting the 325 items that are visible in the Archive located below Tags and above Recently Deleted?

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

Regarding my confusion . . . I need to better understand your clarification "The way that the Archive works is that each vault has its own Archive, you can access archived items from your currently selected account or collection by tapping on the Archive option on the Items screen."

So, as an example, if I archive items in my Private Vault and items in my Shared Vault, this would create two Archives, one for Private and one for Shared? And, "tapping on the Archive option on the Items screen" refers to the Archive below Tags in 1PW for macOS?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jmb679

I'm sorry for the confusion. This is the vault named "Archive" that I'm referring to:

This is a vault that you would have created at some point since 1Password does not come with a vault named "Archive". I know that you're also seeing the following message when you click on the vault that you named "Archive":

This means that you have 325 archived items in the vault named "Archive". Do not delete the vault named "Archive" or else you'll delete those archived items.

if I archive items in my Private Vault and items in my Shared Vault, this would create two Archives, one for Private and one for Shared?

Every vault come with its own Archive. Before we continue I'd like to ask where you'd like the archived items currently saved in your "Archive" vault to be stored? Would you like to move them to the Archive of either the Private or Shared vault? Or would you like to keep them where they are?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    edited March 19
    Options

If I now understand how 1PW for Mac works, I did not need to create an Archive. If so, my preference is to keep things simple and get rid of the Archive (without deleting any Items) that I did not need to create in first place. I don't think I have archived any Shared Items so all archived Items are my Private Items. I did notice, however, that the 325 count of Items in my manually created Archive does not equal the count of Items in the Archive above Recently Deleted. Am I correct that this is the Archive that 1PW creates when a user elects to archive an Item?

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

As a test, I created a Secure Note and then I archived it. I appeared in the Archive above Recently Deleted but did not appear in the Archive that I created (unnecessarily) many months ago.

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

Dave, you previously advised me...

////////////////////////////

Do not delete the vault named "Archive" or else you'll delete those archived items.

Every vault come with its own Archive. Before we continue I'd like to ask where you'd like the archived items currently saved in your "Archive" vault to be stored? Would you like to move them to the Archive of either the Private or Shared vault? Or would you like to keep them where they are?

////////////////////////////

If I delete the vault named "Archive", which is the one that I believe I created many months ago, would not the Items still be stored in the 1PW Archive that is just above Recently Deleted? I believe all of the Items in vault named "Archive" are Login Items. I did some cleanup and the count is down to 321.

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

In other words, is it not possible that all Items in Archive vault that I created are also in the "real" 1PW Archive, i.e., the one just above Recently Deleted?

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

My goal is to get rid of the Archive Vault.

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

Dave, I tagged with the word "Archive" all Items in the "real" 1PW Archive (the one above Recently Deleted) and then restored them to my Private Vault. This reduced to zero the number of Items in the Archive vault that I created long ago. I then deleted this vault with no problems. I now have just two vaults, Private and Shared. I now can use the "Archive" tag to identify the Items that I want to archive to the "real" 1PW Archive.

Let me know if you see any problems with this workaround.

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    edited March 20
    Options

Just to be precise, when I restored, Items went back to both the Private and Shared vaults.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jmb679

Thank you for the reply. As mentioned earlier, each vault has it's own Archive. You can think of a vault's Archive as a folder inside of that vault. When you click on the Archive option in the sidebar above Recently Deleted you're viewing items from all of the Archives of all of the vaults in your currently chosen account/collection.

This means that:

• Your Private vault has an Archive.
    • Your Shared vault has an Archive.
    • Your "Archive" vault has an Archive.

Clicking on Archive, from above Recently Deleted in the sidebar, allows you to see items from all of your vault's Archives at the same time.

The reason why I asked you not to delete the vault named "Archive" was because I wanted to make sure that you moved any archived items in that vault to other vaults before you deleted it. If you moved the archived items from the "Archive" vault to your other vaults before deleting the "Archive vault" then you're in a good state.

If you click on Archive in the sidebar, do you see all the archived items that you expect to see?

-Dave

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

I tagged all Items in the "real" 1PW Archive (the one above Recently Deleted) and then restored them to my Private and Shared Vaults. Then, and only then, did I delete the Archive vault that I created months ago. I can see all of the items that I tagged. All is good.

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

I will re-archive the tagged Items eventually.

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm glad that you're able to see all of your items. Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with. 🙂

-Dave