Tordenver
Tordenver
Community Member

Mac OS Ventura 13.6.5
Mac Pro 2019
1Password for Mac 8.10.27
81027003, on PRODUCTION channel

Hello,

In 1Password on the Mac, when I click on "+New Item" nothing happen. Also I cannot access to the search field. The sidebar menu seems to work fine: I can access to the different items.

I checked my account and I am up to date with billing. No frozen account.

Also when using 1Password from the browser (Firefox) I can access to the "+New Item" and Search field.

I checked the Apple Privacy & Security settings and 1Password is on for Accessibility.

I restarted the computer with the same issue.

Please advise.

Thanks,

David

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 13.6.5
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Tordenver! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into issues when using the 1Password for Mac desktop app. It sounds like you might be running into a known issue that our developers are working on a fix for. Can you try the following steps so that I can confirm whether you're affected:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Click Appearance.
    5. Turn off "Tags" under Always Show in Sidebar.

Do you still see the issues after turning off tags in the sidebar? I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28117

• Tordenver
    Tordenver
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it did the trick Dave!
    If I disable "Tags" AND restart 1Password, then I can create a new item and access to the search field.

Thanks

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Tordenver

Thank you for the reply, that confirms that you are running into the known issue. I recommend that you keep tags turned off in the sidebar until we get a fix released. We'll note the fix in our release notes when it's available: 1Password Releases

I'm sorry again for the trouble that the issue is causing.

-Dave

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Tordenver

Our developers have released an update to 1Password that includes a fix for an issue where using certain tags could result in visual issues or cause the app to become unresponsive. Please update to 1Password for Mac version 8.10.28:

Thank you for your patience while our developers worked to resolve the issue. If you've previously turned tags off in your sidebar as a workaround, you can turn them back on after updating:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Click Appearance.
    5. Check "Tags" under the Always show in Sidebar section.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

-Dave