Editing an item in 1P/iOS won’t initiate editing

Options
TuftyMcTavish
TuftyMcTavish
Community Member

I mentioned this elsewhere but it’s now apparent to me that I should have started a new thread.

Tonight I noticed that I cannot edit a Login in the 1P app on iOS.

It doesn’t matter what login I edit, it goes into ‘editing’ mode according to a striped pattern in the header, but won’t actually let me edit anything or add new fields. Tapping on a field copies it to the clipboard, or initiates a browser tab opening in Safari if I tap the existing URL field

I found a workaround though. Start editing the login, then tap the … button and select “Open Item in New Window”. This creates a secondary view which does let you edit it. Just make sure to Save from the new window instance and not the original instance.

Here you can see the non-editable ‘editing’ on the LHS and the actual editable version on the RHS. I created this login tonight to report this showstopper problem.

I have to save in the 2nd instance, close that window, then cancel the first instance.

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16
Browser: Safari

Comments

• TuftyMcTavish
    TuftyMcTavish
    Community Member
    Options

I have landed here with the exact same issue. Doesn’t matter what login I edit, it goes into ‘editing’ mode but won’t let me edit it.

I found a workaround though. Start editing the login, then tap the … and select Open Item in New Window. This creates a secondary view which does let you edit it. Just make sure to Save from the new window instance and not the original instance.

• @TuftyMcTavish

I'm sorry that you're having trouble editing an item. I've merged your comments into one thread to keep the conversation in one place. So that we can investigate this further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• TuftyMcTavish
    TuftyMcTavish
    Community Member
    Options

Support I’d number is: RDQ-93232-986

Thanks, folks!

• @TuftyMcTavish

Thank you for posting the Support ID, one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as they've reviewed the diagnostics report. Please continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: RDQ-93232-986

• DutchAndrew
    DutchAndrew
    Community Member
    Options

Hallo, I have the same problem. On my iPad I can’t edit at all and in my iPhone it always want to edit another login but not the one I want to edit. If I close the edit cancelling the changes I can then again edit the login that I want to change.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@DutchAndrew

I'm sorry that you're also affected, our developers are aware of a known issue where editing isn't working in 1Password for iPad and are investigating. Are you running iOS 16? If you are then the issue seems to be fixed for users who upgrade to iOS 17:

in my iPhone it always want to edit another login but not the one I want to edit. If I close the edit cancelling the changes I can then again edit the login that I want to change.

This is also something that the team is investigating and I'll let them know that you're affected. Our developers hope to release a fix as soon as possible. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28213
    ref: dev/core/core#20148

• Dave_1P
    Options

@DutchAndrew

Our developers have released an update to 1Password that includes a fix for the issue where a previously edited item would sometimes show up when you tried to edit a different item using 1Password for iOS. Please update to 1Password for iOS version 8.10.28:

You might see the issue a couple more times after updating as existing drafts are cleared out from the app, this is a data loss prevention measure. Thank you for your patience while our developers worked to resolve the issue. If you still see the issue with version 8.10.28 then let me know and I'll be here to help.

The other issue where editing isn't working when using 1Password on the iPad on iOS 16 is still being investigated.

-Dave