Can't create passkey in app

Options
jscarrott
jscarrott
Community Member

I saw the announcement that passkey have been released. So I gave it a go having used them on desktop. I'm unable to create passkey in either amazon or WhatsApp 2 of the 3 suggested apps. I simply get a generic error saying can't create passkey. I'm on android 14 and have the latest Jan Google play security update. Is there anything else I need to do? I did notice that 1password is not an option under passwords in the auto fill settings screen as that was a suggested fix to toggle that setting.

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @jscarrott! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into issues with saving a passkey on your Android device. I know that our developers are investigating some issues (including with saving a passkey for PayPal) and I'd like to ask a couple questions to confirm whether you're running into a known issue:

1. What error message do you receive? Is it different for each app or the same?
    2. Can you confirm that you're running the latest versions of the Amazon and PayPal apps?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• jscarrott
    jscarrott
    Community Member
    Options

Yes everything is up to date, I've attached screenshot of the error messages.

• Dave_1P
    edited March 21
    Options

@jscarrott

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. There is a known issue, that our developers are investigating, that you might be running into. So that I can confirm this, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device after reproducing the issue one more time:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#26762