Ability to fill additional fields on login forms in Firefox on Android

Options
adfhogan
adfhogan
Community Member
edited February 2 in Android

tldr; 3rd field in a login form (not a password but a client ID) will autofill in browser with 1Password plugin, but will not autofill in Firefox on Android, and does not show in Linux Desktop 1Password client, or on web editor.

My employer uses a payroll system that includes three fields on the login page:

• Client ID
  • User ID
  • Password

When I go to log in from Windows or Linux desktop browsers, the Client ID is filled from my 1Password Vault. If I do so from Firefox in Linux, only the username and password is filled.

If I go to the 1Password client in Android, the field is shown as "clientID" under "Auto-saved web details". If I go to 1Password desktop client in Linux (8.10.24 / 81024044 Production channel), it does not show the Auto-saved fields.. but browser plugin (not connected to desktop client due to snap packaging) will autofill the field.. web edit linked from browser client will not show the Auto-saved fields either.

Inspecting the input field of type text in the desktop browser, it appears to have an id of "client_id" and a name of "clientID" which matches the name in 1Password.

In what way should I store this client/domain name so it works across all my browsers?

1Password Version: 8.10.26 / 81026011 Beta
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: Android 14
Browser: Firefox Fenix 122.0.1 Build 2016000543 c67c93840c+

Comments

• Hi there @adfhogan

Autofill on Android can autofill usernames, passwords, and one-time passwords (as well as your Credit Card and Identity items) but no other fields automatically. In those cases, you'll need to copy that field's details manually since Android can't support it like the 1Password browser extension can on your computer.

— Grey

• adfhogan
    adfhogan
    Community Member
    Options

Now that release version of Firefox for Android supports plugins, is there any plans to leverage that for 1Password integration?

• Hi @adfhogan,

While I cannot confirm if/when the 1Password extension will be made available for Firefox for Android with Firefox now supporting plugins, we currently have a feature request open for this on our end in which I've added your interest to.

I hope this helps.

-- Brendan

ref: 31082740

• adfhogan
    adfhogan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @BrendanR1P ...
    Look forward to updates on this front, if/when they happen!

• jakealm
    jakealm
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same problem

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jakealm

Thank you for reaching out. Autofill on Android is limited in the fields that it can fill from 1Password. If you need to fill more than just the username, password, and one-time password fields then you'll need to copy and paste that field from the 1Password app:

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

-Dave