Stuck in full screen mode

Options
joakes
joakes
Community Member
edited March 13 in Mac

Just upgraded to Version 8. I maximized the app to do full screen mode, but now cannot minimize or resize it. Buttons to do either are blacked out. Quit and restarted the app several times. 1 PW automatically opens into full screen mode with same problem. This is super annoying.

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ventura 13.4
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• mvpearson
    mvpearson
    Community Member
    Options

I just began to have the same problem - March 9, 2024 - when opening 1Password, it opens in full-screen view, and I am unable to ESC. (Must quit to close the window.)

HELP!

• Dave_1P
    edited March 13
    Options

Hello @mvpearson and @joakes! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into an issue with using 1Password in fullscreen mode. I can reproduce the same issue and I can confirm that we have an internal work item open to investigate this further. For the time being, you can exit fullscreen mode by pressing 🌐 (fn) + F on your keyboard.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28384

• sabrenalaing
    sabrenalaing
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

@Dave_1P It is now March 21, 2024 and I also have been having the issue when wanting to open my side window of one password. It takes over the whole screen making it impractical and also has me concerned about how visual all my logins are on my laptop. Any updates on when this will be as great as it used to be?

• eli.s_1P
    Options

Hello @sabrenalaing

I do apologize for 1Password not working correctly on your Mac, and I wanted to let you know that our team is currently investigating this issue. Just to confirm: this thread discusses an issue where, if you deliberately open the 1Password app's main window in fullscreen mode, the buttons to leave fullscreen mode or to minimize 1Password will be missing from the top of the fullscreen window. Is that what you're seeing?

If you are, can you confirm that you have no pending updates in 1Password? You can check that you have the most recent build, which is version 8.10.28, with the steps in our guide located here:

If you have any questions or need any clarification on the information above, please let me know.

-Eli
    ref: dev/core/core#28384

• mepresser
    mepresser
    Community Member
    Options

I too have the same problem. Mac OS 14.4.1 and 1Pw 8.10.30. Is there an ETA for a fix? How about a workaround?

• Dave_1P
    edited April 23
    Options

@mepresser

Thanks for reaching out. I'm not seeing the issue anymore on my Mac, after making 1Password full screen, do you see the stop light buttons after you move your mouse to the top of the screen:

You should be able to click the green button to exit full screen mode. Alternatively, you can exit fullscreen mode by pressing 🌐 (fn) + F on your keyboard.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

-Dave

• mepresser
    mepresser
    Community Member
    Options

Fn F did the trick. I did not see the red and green buttons. Thanks for the quick reply.
    MEP

• ag_tommy
    Options

Thank you for letting us know Dave's suggestion helped you.