MRC-CONVERTER-SUITE PasswordBoss error - ... [Solved]

Options
jhozeska
jhozeska
Community Member
edited March 24 in Lounge

Can anyone help with this error?

C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\mrc-converter-suite>perl convert.pl passwordboss pm_export.json
Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at
C:/Users/xxx/Desktop/mrc-converter-suite/./Converters/Passwordboss.pm line 378 (#1)
(F) A value used as either a hard reference or a symbolic reference must
be a defined value. This helps to delurk some insidious errors.

Uncaught exception from user code:
Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at C:/Users/xxx/Desktop/mrc-converter-suite/./Converters/Passwordboss.pm line 378.
Converters::Passwordboss::process_json(Converters::Passwordboss=HASH(0x227aa871aa0), SCALAR(0x227ab37cbd8), HASH(0x227ab37cbc0), undef) called at C:/Users/xxx/Desktop/mrc-converter-suite/./Converters/Passwordboss.pm line 331
Converters::Passwordboss::import(Converters::Passwordboss=HASH(0x227aa871aa0), "pm_export.json", undef) called at convert.pl line 200

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 24
    Options

@jhozeska

I see where the problem could arise, but would like to be sure I understand how your export data would cause the issue. It appears one or more of you "items" in the export JSON file have no tags attribute. The converter is expecting items with no tags to look like this:

Note the empty tags list (designated in the JSON as [ ] which is an empty list).

Can you see either any items that have no tags attribute, or that have a tags attribute but there are no tags listed and the value is not [ ] ?

Also, what version of 1PasswordBoss for Windows do you have?

• jhozeska
    jhozeska
    Community Member
    Options

I hope I am understanding this correctly. I searched my entire pm_export.json and didn't find any occurrence of 'tags'.

I am exporting from Password Boss System Info v5.5.5190.0 - Production (Native app) and trying to convert to 1Password for Windows 8.10.28, 81028034, on PRODUCTION channel.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@jhozeska

That's perfect. I've made a quick fix for you to test. At the location where you downloaded the converter suite, there is a Custom folder. Inside is a new Passwordboss.pm converter. Download that, replace yours in the Converters folder, and you can re-try the conversion.

• jhozeska
    jhozeska
    Community Member
    Options

That did it. You can't get an output any cleaner than this.

Thank you.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 24
    Options

@jhozeska

Excellent!

Add the -v option and you can see a summary count of the various categories converted.

Thanks for the report. Enjoy 1Password.