Unable to unlock 1Password on my Mac with Apple Watch since watchOS 10.4

Options
udiuke
udiuke
Community Member

Hello everyone,
Since I updated my Apple Watch to watchOS 10.4, I can no longer unlock 1Password on my Mac. I still get haptic feedback from the watch that I should now double tap the side button, but I only get a message regarding AssistiveTouch on the watch. Apple seems to be forcing the use of AssistiveTouch since the update. But even with AssistiveTouch enabled and various settings adjustments, I can't manage to unlock 1Password on the Mac with the watch. Have any of you managed to do this?
Thanks,
Urs

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @udiuke! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble unlocking 1Password using your Apple Watch. Did you mean to turn on AssistiveTouch on your Apple Watch? Updating to watchOS 10.4 didn't turn it on for me. You can turn that feature off if you wish by using this guide: Use AssistiveTouch on Apple Watch - Apple Support (CA)

Can you also check to see if "Confirm with AssistiveTouch" is turned on or off? You can find the setting here:

1. Open the Setting app on your Apple Watch.
    2. Tap Accessibility.
    3. Scroll down and tap AssistiveTouch.
    4. Scroll down and check Confirm with AssistiveTouch.

If it's on then can you try turning it off and then try unlocking 1Password again? I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• udiuke
    udiuke
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave, thanks for your help! "Confirm with AssistiveTouch" was enabled. I turned it of now and it works again as expected.

Thanks,
    Urs

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy that the issue is now resolved. 🙂

-Dave