Interface lock-up

Options
rmpel
rmpel
Community Member

For a few times now, I noticed that -- for some reason -- the interface locks up.

Incident one; I created an item using the pop-up on a website "add to 1password" on the bottom of the suggestions list.
This item was added to my personal vault, needed to be moved to the vault of my employer.
I tried to move the item, but this would not take. After that, I could no longer use the search function in 1Password.

• could not click the search box
  • option search in menu greyed out
  • upon restart of 1pass, the searchbox was momentarily available blinking cursor, and then proceeded to being unavailable.
    The item to move was still in my personal account and I was no longer able to edit the item.

I restarted 1Password multiple times, even with the menu-bar icon, the killAll command, a full reboot (in fact multiple reboots)

Nothing would help. I eventually deleted the app and reinstalled, which luckily solved the problem.

it's now a few days later, and I needed an SSH key. 1Password offered to generate one, I though, why not. Then the key was in my private vault, and I needed the private key to paste in Github. I could not copy the key, there is only an export button. (Export to where?!)
I clicked the export button, nothing happened. Key is nowhere to be found, and, as a bonus, the interface is locked up again.
I cannot move the item, cannot delete the item, cannot export the item.

Once again I had to dump the app and reinstall.

This is a terrible user experience and even worse to diagnose.

Hopefully you heard it before and have a solution, other than throwing the app away and reinstall.

1Password Version: 8.10.24 (81024044)
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: 14.2.1
Browser: unrelated, but Chrome, Safari, Firefox

Comments

• rmpel
    rmpel
    Community Member
    Options

Any thoughts at all??? this is getting REALLLY REALLLY annoying. cannot search, cannot add new items ...

• bruhl
    bruhl
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a similar problem. Almost all the commands are greyed out and none of them work. To add insult to injury, 1Password is now throwing up a partial window urging me to try 1Password 7, which I have been using for years.