Gentoo Linux BrowserProcessVerification(BinaryPermissions)

Options
divoxx
divoxx
Community Member

Hey,

I'm having a problem where the browser extension is failing to communicate with the application, and looking at the BrowserSupport log, I see the following:

INFO  2024-03-18T17:21:46.850 main(ThreadId(1)) [1P:native-messaging/op-browser-support/src/browser_verification/linux.rs:44] Verifying browser "/opt/firefox/firefox-bin"
ERROR 2024-03-18T17:21:46.853 main(ThreadId(1)) [1P:native-messaging/op-browser-support/src/main.rs:269] Browser support error: BrowserProcessVerification(BinaryPermissions), happened in: native-messaging/op-browser-support/src/browser_verification/linux.rs:53
    Additional error context: Failed to verify browser permissions

The executable being invoked is /usr/bin/firefox-bin, which is a shell script which eventually invoke the binary /opt/firefox/firefox-bin

I have tried adding firefox-bin, /usr/bin/firefox-bin and /opt/firefox/firefox-bin to the /etc/1password/custom_allowed_browsers file, but none worked.

I also checked the permissions of all executables and the configuration file:

.rwxr-xr-x 12 root root 18 Mar 10:08 /etc/1password/custom_allowed_browsers
.rwxr-xr-x 2.6k root root 12 Mar 14:25 /usr/bin/firefox-bin
.rwxr-xr-x 912k root root  4 Mar 05:41 /opt/firefox/firefox-bin

Anyone know what else could be the problem?

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• kparadine
    kparadine
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I think I do. On a similar install using the firefox-bin ebuild (Funtoo in this case), I have the same issue.

My guess is that the location of the actual executable (/opt/firefox/firefox-bin) is probably the issue here. Mine is root:root and 755, as required. It's the location that is of issue here.

tail 1Password_rCURRENT.log
    INFO 2024-03-20T18:20:52.442 main(ThreadId(1)) [1P:native-messaging/op-browser-support/src/main.rs:239] Starting 1Password-BrowserSupport 8.10.27 production build no. 81027003.
    INFO 2024-03-20T18:20:52.448 main(ThreadId(1)) [1P:native-messaging/op-browser-support/src/browser_verification/linux.rs:44] Verifying browser "/opt/firefox/firefox-bin"
    ERROR 2024-03-20T18:20:52.448 main(ThreadId(1)) [1P:native-messaging/op-browser-support/src/main.rs:271] Browser support error: BrowserProcessVerification(Io(Os { code: 13, kind: PermissionDenied, message: "Permission denied" })), happened in: native-messaging/op-browser-support/src/browser_verification/linux.rs:53
    Additional error context: Failed to verify browser permissions

• kparadine
    kparadine
    Community Member
    Options

Anyone from support that can comment?

• Hi @divoxx and @kparadine,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I would love to investigate into this issue further.

Could both of you send an email to support+linux@1Password.com?

With your email please include:

We'll look forward to hearing from you.

Franky