Passwords not saved correctly

Options
Appfel
Appfel
Community Member

Hello! I am using 1Password on my iPhone and when I add a new entry or change an entry in iPhone app, once I save I get the form again with empty email and password field. But the entry is saved already. I cannot say why this is and it is not super annoying, as I then just cancel and I am good to go. Till I start the app again. When I start the app (not when using 1Password outside the app, e.g. auto fill in browsers) I get again the form, filled with the last used entry. Title is filled, email and password are empty. Any idea how to solve it?

Uninstalling and re-installing the app is helping, till I save an entry in iOS app again...

1Password Version: 1Password for iOS 8.10.28
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.4.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Appfel! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing an item's old draft appear when using 1Password for iOS. It sounds like you might be running into an issue that our development team is investigating. The next time that you run into the issue can you try these steps as a workaround:

1. Tap Cancel on the item draft that appears.
    2. Wait 2 seconds.
    3. Fully close the 1Password app: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)
    4. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    5. If you see another draft, repeat steps 1-4 again.

The results will tell me more about the situation so that I can advise further. I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28720

• Appfel
    Appfel
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Dave!

I don’t have the situation anymore right now. But in the past I have done so or similar and got the same draft again and again. I will monitor

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Appfel

Thank you, if you do see the issue pop up again then please let me know and try the steps that I shared above. I can dig deeper once I know the results. 🙂

-Dave