CVS website and Passkeys login

Options

I'm having an odd problem with CVS and Passkeys. I created a passkey for CVS and the passkey is definitely saved in 1Password. When I try to login, 1Password intercepts the Passkey request and prompts me to login with my Passkey.

The problem is, CVS will only prompt me to use my passkey if I use the same computer and browser that I originally created that passkey with.

I created the passkey on my laptop in Firefox, and every time I login to CVS in Firefox 1Password prompts me to login with my passkey.

If I launch any other browser on that laptop, the CVS app never asks me to use a Passkey. It just takes me right to a page to enter my password. And if I login on another computer in my house, no browser will let me login with a passkey. It always asks me for a password.

I have to assume the CVS website is dropping a cookie on machine telling it to use a passkey.

I don't know if this is correctible in some way from my end, or if CVS needs to get their **** together and fix their website.

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: MacOS 14.4.1
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @PastaShock, thank you for writing in. I've done some testing on my end, and I was able to recreate this issue after clearing my browser's history and had to create a new passkey on the CVS website.

It might be related to the cookies on the device. Nevertheless, I've created a tracking issue for our development team to look further into this and determine if we can improve the behaviour at all from our end.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Evon

ref: dev/core/core#22439