Feature request - postpone "Require password" prompt

Options
IanBBB
IanBBB
Community Member

I currently have "Require password" set to 14 days. It has an annoying habit of expiring when I'm in a situation where I really don't want to have to key in my password - e.g. on a train using my mobile or laptop.
A good security improvement would be the ability to delay this - e.g. by an hour or two, so that you could deliberately use the password next time it's safe to do so. It would reduce the possibility of being overlooked.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @IanBBB! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion! I can see how a delay option would increase convenience and I've passed along your request to the team.

Something that might help is changing how often 1Password requires your password on different devices. For example, you could require your account password more often on your desktop or laptop (where the account password is easier to type in) and less often on your mobile device (where the account password is less convenient to type in).

The primary reason to require your account password every so often is to avoid forgetting it and having different options set on different devices still accomplishes that goal. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-38314400

• stargoo
    stargoo
    Community Member
    Options

I second this request.

It could either be a time delay, or a limited number of logins (say, 3) that it could be postponed before requiring the password retype.

Increasing how often it is required, as @Dave_1P suggested, will reduce the frequency with which this is a problem, but doesn't solve the original problem of being required to retype the password at an inconvenient time.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@stargoo

Thank you for the feedback, I've passed your request along to the team as well.

-Dave

ref: PB-38611572

• Gzel
    Gzel
    Community Member
    Options

This should be able to be set for more than 14 days also.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Gzel

Thanks for reaching out. You can choose to have 1Password require your account password every 30 days instead of every 2 weeks. Open Settings > Security from inside of the 1Password app to change the duration set for "Require password"

Let me know if I misunderstood your suggestion. 🙂

-Dave