Websites with limitations on password composition

Options
PhilipMilford
PhilipMilford
Community Member
edited March 28 in 1Password in the Browser

Is there a process to "report" websites that have limitations on the make up of their passwords? For example, some websites (such as https://account.alberta.ca/) do not allow certain special characters and the 1Password generated passwords usually include such special characters and thus do not work. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @PhilipMilford! 👋

Thank you for reporting that 1Password's Smart Password generator isn't generating a password that meets the requirements of the Alberta.ca website. I've filed an issue with our development team so that this can get fixed in a future update to 1Password. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Is there a process to "report" websites that have limitations on the make up of their passwords?

You can report the website here on the forum as you did or, if you don't feel comfortable posting the websites to a public place, you can send an email to support@1Password.com. Include a direct link to the page that contains the website's password field where you've experiencing the issue.

Let me know if you have any questions or other websites that I can file issues for with the team. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28814