Why don't I see the open with Apple watch in my security tab?

Options
Erndog9
Erndog9
Community Member

I am using 1P ver 8.10.28 on a macbook air running Sonoma but when I go to settings/security there is no "use apple watch to open..." Why is that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Erndog9! 👋

I’m sorry that you’re unable to turn on Apple Watch unlock for the 1Password for Mac app. Have you been able to use your Apple Watch to unlock 1Password before? If you haven’t then please make sure that your Mac is on the list of supported Macs: https://support.1password.com/apple-watch-mac/#get-help

If your Mac is supported for Apple Watch unlock then are you able to unlock the Mac itself using your Apple Watch? Make sure that Apple Watch unlock is setup for the Mac itself: Unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch - Apple Support (CA)

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• Erndog9
    Erndog9
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! I had not set up the Mac to open with the watch, so when I got that done,1P also allowed for setting up the watch as well. However, after I set up both the Mac and 1P to unlock with apple watch I restarted the Mac just to be sure everything took hold but when the Mac started back up it asked for the Mac password (I wasn't too surprised by that due to the restart) but when I opened up 1P it also asked for my 1P password and there was no option to tell 1P to use the watch, so had to use my 1P password to open up the app.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Erndog9

Thanks for the reply. If you lock 1Password (by right-clicking on the menubar icon and clicking Lock) and then unlock the app, are you able to unlock using your Apple Watch?

If you're not then, if you lock your Mac, are you able to unlock the Mac using your Apple Watch?

-Dave

• Erndog9
    Erndog9
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry but it's been a very busy day. I was just able to check whether I could lock by right clicking and then unlock with watch and no I cannot. When I try to unlock I just get the password request and no option to use watch. Same for the MAC

• ag_tommy
    Options

@Erndog9

It sounds like it may be best to get you into email support, where the team can look deeper at your situation.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password Preferences/Settings will open.
    3. Click Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your Downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: Erndog9
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/145077/why-dont-i-see-the-open-with-apple-watch-in-my-security-tab#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!