Why won't my Mac allow me to update 1Password?

Options
jazzman
jazzman
Community Member

My new 24" iMac told me this morning that I had an update. So I tried to initiate it and received the following message:
Can you tell me how to deal with it? When I open 1Password in Safari, it tells me I am up to date. What to do?

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: macOS 14.3.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@jazzman

Check to ensure you are signed in with the ID that originally purchased it. We have no control over the App Store. You would need to contact Apple for further details and troubleshooting. The Apple status page shows all green across the board.

You also might try updating macOS. I've seen some weird bugs lately were terms are needing to be updated. You can also try signing in and out of the App Store.

Apple - Support - System Status

 Apple Support - Contact Us

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Kinda crazy! I contacted Apple and, talk about confused, I really am. All they had me do was uninstall and reinstall 1Password for Safari, and that solved the problem. The message I originally sent you magically disappeared, and all is well. The Apple ID was not an issue because, when I downloaded 1Password again, I used my original sign in credentials to get in to 1Password. Thoroughly confusing to me!

• ag_tommy
    Options

@jazzman

Ok, I have to say that's confusing to me, too. All I can come up with (thanks to your message) is maybe you changed a family or something like that? Other than that I'll say thank you for putting this on my radar. It might help someone else.

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Nope, no changes. I did purchase this new Mac in November, but there have been many updates since then without issues. Go figure. Just one of those mysteries I guess. Anyway, all's well now.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 29
    Options

@jazzman

I thought you'd get a kick out of this. I just tried to update my apps now that I'm officially done with work for the day. You guessed it, I got the same message across multiple apps on my Mac. :( Looks like I am uninstalling and installing a few. I've also reported this behavior to the team.

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Surprise, surprise! So it happened on other apps. Any idea what the underlying cause is? Is it just some Apple glitch? Please let me know if your apps work properly after the uninstall/reinstall process in case I encounter more. Thank you.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 30
    Options

No clue, but considering its two of us it could be something off.. Or it could be something I did. I have few apps on this Mac aside from stock. So far no trouble with a reinstall. I'd just ensure you do not use an app cleaner to maximize the best outcome. Several other members of the team (here) have not had an issue. So I'm inclined to think it's very isolated at best.