1P keeps asking to update even though it's current

Options
JLSchweitzer
JLSchweitzer
Community Member

For the past several weeks there has been what I will call a pop-up window, advising me that there is a 1P update. Furthermore, it asks if I want to quit 1P and install the new version. Here is the pop-up windows I am talking about.

I keep clicking on "Quick and Update" but nothing happens because a few hours later, I see the same window. In other words, the app didn't update.

At first, when I tried to update the app, which was at version 8.10.26, I was presented with a screen informing me of the version number but no option to check for an update.

Then I decided to manually update the program by going to the website and downloading the latest version, which at the time of this post, is 8.10.28.

Curiously, AFTER updating to 8.10.26, the option to check for an update return.

However, today, I was presented with the window as shown above, i.e., asking me if I want to update to version 8.10.28 even though I had already updated. In fact, here's the About screening, showing that I am at version 8.10.28.

I took this screen shot after I had "asked" 1P to check for an update, just in case another update had snucked in.

Any thoughts?

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: macOS 14.2.1
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• JLSchweitzer
    JLSchweitzer
    Community Member
    Options

When I checked if there was a response, I realized part of my post didn't make sense.

After trying over and over update the app with the first window, I decided to try and update the app through the 1P app. However, as I sort of noted in my previous post, I could click on the option of 1P's menu bar to "Check for Update" but all I ever got was a window telling me which version I was using.

In other words, after clicking on "Check for Update" there wasn't an option to go online and check if there was an update.

Hope that makes more sense.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @JLSchweitzer! 👋

Thank you for reaching out! The first dialog in your post isn't coming from 1Password, it appears to be related to an app called "Self Service". If you click on the dialog, what app name do you see in the upper left corner of your screen?

Is your Mac managed by a school or employer? It's possible that they've deployed 1Password to your Mac using a service like Jamf (which also handles updating 1Password which is why you might not see "Check for Updates") and something isn't quite working with that deployment.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave