Feature request: Collections in the browser

Options
robbycuenot
robbycuenot
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I just discovered the Collections feature, and it is exactly what I need for separating work, hobby, and personal information across devices without making separate accounts for each. As others have stated, it is not available in the browser extensions yet. Unchecking vaults "works" for now, but is clunky. Any indication on when the browser extensions will get feature parity?

Thanks,
Robby

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Collections

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @robbycuenot! 👋

I don't have any updates to share about when collections will make it into 1Password in the browser but I've let the team know that this is something that you'd like to see. Thank you for the feedback! 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-33713855

• robbycuenot
    robbycuenot
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave!

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thank you again for the feedback! 🙂

-Dave

• kerrym
    kerrym
    Community Member
    Options

Another request for Collections to be implemented and supported in the browser. It's a great way to handle accounts with multiple vaults and having it available at the point-of-use in the browser would be awesome. Thank you.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@kerrym

Thank you for adding your voice, I've passed along your request to our Product team as well.

-Dave

ref: PB-33779143

• pinskerj
    pinskerj
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave, I just want to follow up, any progress on collections in the browser? This would really vastly improve the usability of 1password 8, making it function similar how 1password 7 kept everything separated. Works great in the actual program itself but too many choices come up in the web browser without the collections limiting the vaults in 1password 8. Thanks.

• @pinskerj

Thanks for following up. I don't have any news to share, and I've let the product team know that this is still a feature that you're hoping to see make it to the browser.

too many choices come up in the web browser without the collections limiting the vaults

Are you looking to have different collections of vaults in the browser to switch between? Or are you just trying to prevent items from certain vaults from being suggested in the browser? If it's the latter then you can turn off certain vault in the browser by following these steps:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in the toolbar and click Settings.
    3. Click Accounts & Vaults.
    4. Turn off any vaults as needed.

I hope that helps. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-31813416

• balupton
    balupton
    Community Member
    Options

Definitely needs sync of collection preferences, if's ridiculous. So much tech support for family members wondering why they see other people's vaults when using the browsers.

• @balupton,

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed it on to the team.

ref: PB37371119

• alcyone7
    alcyone7
    Community Member
    Options

Definitely something I'd like to see - to keep things simple, synced with the desktop app no matter where the collection was selected.

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for me :)

• TimG1P
    Options

@alcyone7 and @blaxxz

Thank you both for sharing this feedback, I've gone ahead and forwarded it to the team for consideration.

ref: PB-39055968
    ref: PB-39056021