How to open and fill using 1Password 8

Options
NateDogg
NateDogg
Community Member
edited April 1 in Mac

I just converted to 1Password 8 and noticed a difference when I want to go to a particular login.

With 1Password 7 I just double-clicked on a login listing and it opened my Safari or Chrome browser and went to the requested webpage.

Now when I double-click a login on 1Password 8 it just opens an additional smaller window in 1Password 8, which just duplicates what I already have on my screen.

It seems that double-clicking is not the way to open the browser and go to the site.

How can I get 1P8 to open and fill by double-clicking?

Also, i noticed a number of people compaining about that same issue dating back 6-9 months.

Is this something that can be added back?

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac Sonoma
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @NateDogg! 👋

I'm happy to hear that you've upgraded to 1Password 8! The new version is a brand new experience with an improved workflow that differs from previous versions. The best way to open and fill a login is to use Quick Access: Get to know Quick Access

Press Shift-Command-Spacebar to open Quick Access, search for the appropriate login, and then press enter to open that website and fill your login into your browser. You don't need to open the main 1Password app.

If you would like to open and fill from the desktop app itself then you can click on a Login item and then click on the website URL. I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#10046