Autofill: add specificity by port, not just domain(!)

Options
jm3
jm3
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi, I have a NAS that runs a number of web services on different ports, e.g. Homebridge and a Backup app. Both are accessed as URLs like MyNAS.local:1111 and MyNAS.local:2222. This confuses 1Password's hostname / domain-name based Autofill logic, since it only looks at domains, not ports. Would be neat if :port could be supported as well, tho I realize this could be complex or esoteric.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: not relevant to question
OS Version: Ventura 13.3.1 (22E261)
Browser:_ not relevant to question
Referrer: forum-search:autofill port

Comments

• BlackMacX
    BlackMacX
    Community Member
    Options

I suspect you can specify the domain and port in full, then log-in, no? I suggest it as I used to have remote mac that I setup with VCN ports for different logins (a normal user and an Admin), and used the port number to differentiate said logins. I might be wrong but think it should work.

• Hey @jm3,

You're right, currently our advanced autofill options support subdomain matching but do no support ports.

I have passed your feedback along with your use case to our product team for consideration in a future update. Thank you for taking the time to let us know ways in which we can improve 1Password.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB32701836

• zhanglixing
    zhanglixing
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem, I have more than 10 services running on nas with docker and I need to distinguish different passwords based on port number, hope 1password can follow up soon.

PS: How do I set up subdomains in an intranet environment?

• Hey @zhanglixing,

Thank you for your feedback, I have put in a request with the team.

I'm not sure I understand your question in regards to setting up sub domains, can you provide me with a little more detail so I can best advise?

ref: PB34224527

• valaroma
    valaroma
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Im disturbed also. "A.abc.com" and "B.abc.com" can be strictly matched. But "abc.com:xx" and "abc.com:xxxx" cannot

• Hey @valaroma,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

You're right, currently it is not possible to exact match by path but I'd be happy to put in a request with our product team if you feel this would be beneficial to your workflow.

Our team love to hear specific use cases, so any detail you can provide on that front will add extra weight to your feedback.

Thank you!

• jms_1p
    jms_1p
    Community Member
    Options

By doing a quick search of the forum, I see that a few others have requested this feature (including me 😉).

January 2015
     Respect port numbers in URL matching — 1Password Community 

October 2021
     1Password not respecting ports on URLs — 1Password Community 

April 2022
    Consider tcp Port Number When Presenting Suggested Vault Entries — 1Password Community  

February 2023
     Custom autofill behaviour for different ports — 1Password Community 

Looks like Bitwarden provides this feature: Using URIs | Bitwarden Help Center 

• Thanks @jms_1p, we're keeping track of everyone's requests and sharing them with our product and development teams. 🙂

-Dave

• schmudi
    schmudi
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Dave_1P, please add me to the list of requesters for the feature request. I have a bunch of docker containers running on my NAS in my internal network and it's a bit of a hassle to always select the right entry. If the port would be considered too, this would major improvement for me!

Perhaps there is already a workaround we could use until this feature is rolled out?

Thomas

• Hey @schmudi, thank you for your reply.

Were you able to apply the "Only fill on this exact domain" Autofill Behaviour rule for all your container Login items?

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Locate your Login item and click "Edit".
    3. Click the "Autofill behaviour" button beside the URL and select "Only fill on this exact domain".
    4. Click "Save" and repeat the steps for the rest of the container Login items.

I also have docker containers on my local network and my services have different ports. The above should suggest the correct Login item based on the URL.

Let me know how that goes.

-Evon

• schmudi
    schmudi
    Community Member
    Options

Works for me too! Makes it so much easier.
    Huge thank you @EvonG1P 🙌

• EvonG1P
    Options

You're very welcome, @schmudi. 🙂