Face ID issue on the iPhone

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Face ID failing and unreliable after update.

Comments

• linuxpng
    linuxpng
    Community Member
    Options

Is this fix supposed to be in version:

1Password for iOS 8.10.24 81024044, on PRODUCTION channel

If so, the failure is still reproducible about 25% of the time. The behavior is slightly different. Since the success haptic has been removed you only get a single haptic for the failure, which looks like it’s just trying Face ID twice in a row quickly.

• @linuxpng

I'm sorry that you're also running into an issue with Face ID. A fix for the issue being discussed in this thread is being tested internally but isn't available just yet. We hope to release a fix as soon as possible.

To clarify: are you seeing an issue where Face ID will fail the first time that you try to unlock 1Password when filling a login on your iOS device? Or are you running into a different issue? Can you post steps that I can use to try to reproduce the issue on my end?

-Dave

• linuxpng
    linuxpng
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P sorry for the delay. The easiest way to reproduce this is to open safari on your phone go a website with login. The one I tested with this is ups.com and click the login in the upper right. When the autofill window pops up, click the key, let face id trigger, cancel, and keep repeating. iphone 14 pro max, ios 17.3 1password version 8.10.24 81024044.

I had my wife test this and hers fails in the same way.

This is slightly different than the older release that will periodically fail where you have to click the face icon from 1password to get it to try again. It immediately tries again.

• Vaxter
    Vaxter
    Community Member
    Options

Exactly the same issue here !

• @linuxpng and @Vaxter

Thank you for reports, since the behaviour that you're seeing sounds a little different from the issue in the existing thread I've split your comments into a new thread.

Our team would like to investigate the behaviour that you're seeing so that we can confirm whether the fix we're working on will improve things for you as well. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• linuxpng
    linuxpng
    Community Member
    Options

hey @Dave_1P ticket is KDH-46839-899 and i confirmed it's still occuring today. It's super disappointing that this issue exists for the last 6 months.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@linuxpng

Thank you for posting the Support ID, I've located your ticket and one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as they've reviewed your diagnostics report. Please continue the conversation there since I don't have access to your report here on the public forum.

-Dave

ref: KDH-46839-899