To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

how to set up a pin

Options
mandybankson
mandybankson
Community Member

I am using 1password and when I sign in I'm sometimes asked for a pin. If I have one I don't remember it so I have to use my password. I would love to use a 4 digit pin but I don't see how to set it up. thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• luqmankhan
    luqmankhan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there,
    I could not find to setup my pin so I do not have to use password all the time to sign in to 1password

• ag_tommy
    edited March 29
    Options

@mandybankson

Can you elaborate? When setting up 1Password you do not set a pin as the membership goes. I'd tend to think this might be related to your device OS. Specifically mobile or maybe you're using Windows Hello. Please provide more details. If you're on iOS and you have the pin option enabled you'll use the same pin that the device uses.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@luqmankhan

Pin may be an option for you. It's in 1Password > Settings > Security.

Please remember that a pin is not a replacement for your password. You password encrypts your data. There are times you'll need it. Do not forget it and record it safely for future use. I keep a copy in a floor safe.

• luqmankhan
    luqmankhan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy
    I do not see the option in my browser extension:

• ag_tommy
    edited March 29
    Options

@luqmankhan

It is not available in the extension. It is only available in the 1Password application. Apologies, I had the mobile app on my mind after replying to the user above your post. I should have been clearer. For example on macOS I do not have the option at all in the application or the browser. It's entirely possible you may not have the option on your device either. I'm not sure which one you're using.

• luqmankhan
    luqmankhan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_tommy. I was looking the option in the extension. Thanks for the clarification. :)

• ag_tommy
    Options

You're most welcome.