1Password 8.10.30 beta autofill crashing in multiple apps

Options
lesster
lesster
Community Member
edited April 29 in Android

I'm on 1P for Android 8.10.30 beta channel, and 1Password just disappears when trying to autofill in multiple apps.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Should I just get off the beta channel?
At one point some feature I need only existed in the beta, don't remember what, so I don't know if it's in the public release now, but this crash is very inconvenient, requires manually copying and pasting to log in lots of places.

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @lesster! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password is crashing on your Android device. We have received multiple reports of an issue like this and our development team is investigating. It looks like the issue might be limited to devices running Android 12 (as you are). Can you share the model of your device so that I can pass that along to the team?

For the time being, I recommend that you move to the stable version which doesn't have the same issue: Use 1Password beta releases

Let me know if you do see the same issue when using the stable version. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28713

• lesster
    lesster
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for looking.

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10e. Great phone for me knock wood.

I'll try getting it the beta channel when I have a chance.

Can you pretty much GUARANTEE that my data won't get messed up, either getting off the beta or going back to it if I do that?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@lesster

Thanks for that information, I'll pass it along to the team.

Can you pretty much GUARANTEE that my data won't get messed up, either getting off the beta or going back to it if I do that?

1Password 8 backs up your data to your 1Password account. You can verify that by logging in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app). Your items don't exist only on your Android phone and when you install the stable version of the 1Password for Android app, your items will be downloaded from your account to your phone.

Alternatively you can continue to use the beta until our development team includes a fix for the issue in a future update to the beta although I'm not sure when that will be. You can copy and paste your logins in the meantime. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Dave

• lesster
    lesster
    Community Member
    Options

Also, what's the approved way to get off the beta stream on Android?

• lesster
    lesster
    Community Member
    Options

Can you tell me what features an the fixes are in the beta that aren't in the production release?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@lesster

Thanks for the reply. You can stop using the beta and use the stable version by following the steps in our guide: To stop using the beta

You can find a list of features and bug updates in each version of 1Password by taking a look at our release notes:

I hope that helps.

-Dave

• lesster
    lesster
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect, thank you.

• lesster
    lesster
    Community Member
    Options

Welllllll... I went to follow the instructions to get off the beta, and in the Play Store, I saw that the latest beta version was 8.10.30, the same one 1P itself says I'm on. However, the Update button was there and enabled, so I clicked it, and it appeared to do something.

That seems so far to have fixed the problem. 1P autofill works now in the two recent apps where it was crashing. Restarted my phone, still working in those two apps.

Doesn't make a lot of sense, but there you have it.

• Dave_1P
    edited April 2
    Options

@lesster

There can be multiple beta releases within a version cycle as our developers continue to test fixes and updates before committing them to the final stable version. The previous beta version was 8.10.30-1 and the team released 8.10.30-12 on March 27th which contains a fix for the crashing issue:

We’ve fixed a crash that occurred after choosing an item to fill on older versions of Android.

I'm happy that the fix is working on your device, hopefully it will be released to the stable version soon too. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

-Dave

• lesster
    lesster
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thanks for following up.
    For now I'll stay on the beta and keep an eye out for a stable release with that fix.

When that comes, will it also include any other enhancements and fixes that are in the beta I'm using now?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@lesster

The next stable update will include fixes and updates that our team has finished testing, not all fixes and new features in the current beta make it into the next stable release.

You can check which features and fixes are in each update by consulting the release notes: 1Password Releases

-Dave

• joshray
    joshray
    Community Member
    Options

I'm on a Pixel 8 Pro on Android 14. Experiencing a crash when using auto fill on any app. Currently running 8.10.32-11 Beta. Goes away temporarily when I clear the cache.

Also getting an incorrect score in Watch Tower when compared to other devices (lower score on Android). This has been an ongoing issue.