Date format is incorrect in 1Password for iOS

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Incorrect Date format.

Comments

• Arnoud
    Arnoud
    Community Member
    Options

I see the date format has indeed changed on iOS to something that resembles the system settings more closely, but not exactly. Also, the time is not yet adhering to the system settings, so now there is this strange situation of EU date format (sort of) and US time format (12h). I hope this will improve further in future releases.

• fok
    fok
    Community Member
    Options

On 8.10.28 for iOS I still see US date formatting, it just changed from short to long format which is a workaround to prevent misinterpretation, but still not correct.

• Arnoud
    Arnoud
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P The time is part of a date, no? So the issue I reported is about this specific update. It has improved, but both the date and the time are not formatted according to my operating system's language settings.

iOS Settings (also set to 24h, not 12h):

1Password iOS:

Same story on macOS.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Arnoud and @fok! 👋

I've created a new thread for iOS so that we can have that discussion separately. So that I can pass the information along to our development team, can you take a screenshot of the following location on your iOS devices:

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Tap General.
    3. Tap Language & Region.

Make sure that the screenshot includes both the preferred languages section, the region, and the Region Format Example. I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28756
    ref: dev/core/core#8747

• Arnoud
    Arnoud
    Community Member
    Options

Here you go:

Please note that I have the same issue on macOS. Should I add a new message with Mac screenshots in the other thread?

• fok
    fok
    Community Member
    Options

Here are screenshots for both iPad and iPhone.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Arnoud and @fok

Thank you for the screenshots. I've reproduced this issue on my end and flagged this scenario to our development team who will investigate further.

I appreciate you both taking the time to report this issue so that we can get things fixed. There's no need to post separately in the Mac thread, I've passed along your reports for both platforms.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28756