1Password extension doesn't work on Kiwi Browser

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Feature Request: Support Kiwi Browser for Autofill.

Comments

• kayaktheory
    kayaktheory
    Community Member
    edited March 28
    Options

@TimG1P Any updates on this? Kiwi Browser is very tightly based on Chromium and this it supports Chrome extensions/WebExtensions but for some reason the 1Password extension doesn't work: I can successfully connect in the 1Password extension but the vault stays locked and if I clock again on the extension icon it asks me to sign in again, and so on. I haven't had any issues with the 20+ extensions I tried so it's really a 1Password issue.

Bitwarden works flawlessly with Kiwi Browser and I don't want to reverse engineer and mod 1Password just to be able to use it in my normal browser...

Thanks

• kayaktheory
    kayaktheory
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Password extension (latest version) crashes with this error. Please fix.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser: Not Provided

• SamerY1P
    edited April 2
    Options

Hi @kayaktheory,

I've split your comment from the previous thread and merged it with the new thread you've created since your issue sounds like it's related to using the 1Password desktop Chromium extension in a mobile browser, and not Autofill on Android.

At the moment, the 1Password extension is designed only for supported desktop browsers, and it hasn’t been tested with mobile browsers on Android such as Kiwi. The team continuously monitors the browsers that are officially supported in order to maintain the compatibility of the 1Password extension with those browsers, however, for the time being this isn’t done for Kiwi browser on Android.

While I can't guarantee any progress on this feature, I've filed a feature request for expanding support to the Kiwi browser on your behalf for our product team to look at.

ref: PB-39077529

• kayaktheory
    kayaktheory
    Community Member
    Options

@SamerY1P Thank you. Please add to the feature request that Kiwi Browser is not a small 3rd party browser: it has tens of millions of downloads.

• Dave_1P
    edited April 2
    Options

@kayaktheory

Your comments have been passed along to the team, thank you again for the request! 🙂

-Dave