What restrictions are there to add additional members to a family plan

Options
zacktzeng
zacktzeng
Community Member
edited April 1 in Families

Hi, I read that I can add new members to a family plan beyond the 5 member limit at a $1/additional person cost.

However, this is not elaborated more in the detail page of the family plan. Could someone explain to me what restrictions will I face when I want to add more people to my family plan?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@zacktzeng

None come to mind. They are full family members and enjoy all the benefits of being in the family.

• zacktzeng
    zacktzeng
    Community Member
    Options

Is there not a limit on how many additional accounts can join the family plans?

• ag_tommy
    Options

The best option would be to talk with my colleagues on the memberships team. They can help find a solution that fits your needs. I for example have a total of eight people within my family group. I've had up to ten (including me and my wife). That was before one of my sons started his own family.

You also have the possibility of using guest accounts if that fits your needs, too.

support+forum@1password.com if you're interested in talking with the team.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

@zacktzeng Since the family account is a slightly modified business account under the hood with some business features removed, and business accounts support 100 members and more, there is no reason to assume a few more members beyond 5 in a family account would bring the system to some limit.

• ag_tommy
    Options

Nicely said.