date format still a problem on Mac

Options

On my 1P for Mac, dates can entered according to the region settings but are shown in US standard. The date 18 June 2025 is shown as 6/18/2025 on my machine even though my OS region is set to a European country. If I go to edit the day, the layout switched back to a euro-standard view as it always should have been (i.e. 18/6/2025).

You most recent update to 1O for iOS 8.10.28 has this fix:

"Created and modified dates for items are now formatted according to your operating system's language settings and standards specified by the Unicode Consortium."

Can this please be fixed on the Mac version also.

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 14.3.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @sig_eigei,

Thank you for reporting the issue. The fix that you're referring to is part of our development team's larger efforts to improve how dates are handled in the 1Password apps on all platforms. This particular update only applies these changes to created and modified dates as noted in the release notes.

Can you clarify which date in the 1Password app you're referring to? Is it an expiry date for an item? Or are you referring to the item creation and modified dates that appear at the bottom of each item:

So that I can better understand the situation, and confirm whether you're affected by a known issue that our team is working on, could you also post a screenshot of the region and date format that you're using in macOS Settings:

1. Click  in the menu bar and then click System Settings.
    2. Click General.
    3. Click Language & Region.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#8747

• sig_eigei
    sig_eigei
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave - great to be in touch again. I've been a 1P user since way back in 2007. Thanks for getting back to me.

Actually I am speaking about the date fields in records. One example is a passport record. I have an issue date. In viewing, the record shows the date formatted as MM/DD/YY. If I edit the record it changes to DD / MM / YYYY (which is as it should be for my system).

I am attaching screenshots of the two situations: view, edit, and edit expanded. I am also attaching my region settings as requested.

I have written once or twice before about this issue via email.

thanks so much for following up.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@sig_eigei

Thank you for the reply and for the screenshots! Just to clarify, I'm not Dave the founder, just another friendly Dave who also works at 1Password. 😊

I can confirm that our developers are aware of the date formatting issue that you've mentioned and continue to investigate. Keep an eye on our release notes to be alerted to when a complete fix is released: 1Password Releases

The team and I appreciate your continued patience and understanding.

-Dave