quick access OTP for servers?

Options
vale
vale
Community Member
edited April 3 in Linux

I use 1password 8.10.28 on Arch Linux and it is generally great! However, quick access does not display one-time passwords for items of type "server". Is this intentional? When logging into an ssh server requiring an OTP, I have to open up the item in the full 1password window. This isn't terrible, but cuts down on the nearly effortless experience I have otherwise. If it is not intentional, perhaps there is a whitelist of item types that check for an OTP field and display them if found? Expanding the display of OTP in quick access to all items, would be a nice feature for me.

Thank you!

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Arch linux
Browser: n/a

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @vale! 👋

Thank you for reaching out. At the moment this is intentional: different types of items will offer different functionality and Login items include a default one-time password field that is displayed in places like Quick Access. Server items don't include this field and instead only allow you to add the one-time password as an additional custom field which isn't displayed in Quick Access.

I'll let the team know that you'd like to see one-time passwords in Server items displayed in Quick Access as well. For the time being, you can select the Server item in Quick Access and then press Ctrl + O on your keyboard to view the one-time password without having to open the main app.

Thank you for the feedback.

-Dave

ref: PB-39113558

• vale
    vale
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Dave_1P !

Thank you for the clarification and for passing on the request :)

• FrankyO1P
    Options

Hello @vale,

On behalf of Dave, you're most welcome!

Let us know if you have any further questions - our team is here for you!

Franky